Saturday, March 15, 2008

Captain Sensible says..."Maybe I have gone too far??????"

First of all [and this may come as a shock], I have to commend Captain Sensible for removing her post that I blogged about last night. However, there is the possibility that it will show up again, as the post that appeared on her blog implies. Here is what she wrote in its entirety:

---------------------------------
Time to consider...

Notice: The post that was originally here has been removed while I take some time to consider, and seek advice, as to whether I have gone over the top.
Thanks for your understanding.
----------------------------------

Hence, on the one hand, I commend Captain Sensible for removing her last post, and for considering the possibility that she should not have posted it. However, on the other hand, I guess my whole question is why it is that someone has to think about something like this. I mean, as I said in my last post, I had to warn everyone go get their asbestos gloves before reading it. The nastiness was just so bad that my fiancé was asking me "Why do you subject yourself to this?" I would invite anyone to read the sections of the post she removed that I quoted in my last post, and see if, indeed, there should be any question as to whether or not Captain Sensible has gone "over the top."

Again, I commend Captain Sensible for doing the right thing in removing that post, but it is somewhat disturbing that she thinks it is possible that that kind of language is acceptable for a Christian.

No comments: